Lithium Werks, Inc., formally Valence Technology, Inc., is the leading global battery manufacturer providing lithium-ion solutions that offer world-class performance tailored to applications in the industrial and energy markets. Our mission is to drive the world-wide adoption of safe, low-cost energy storage systems by drawing on the numerous benefits of our lithium phosphate technology, the experience of our management team and the significant market opportunity available to us. We are seeking an experienced Director of Cell Design Engineer to join our company.
Leading global operations Cell engineering teams including; Manufacturing, AME, Sustaining, Design and Development.
• Training and mentoring the global teams in best practice and engaging with operations for implementing continuous improvement activities.
• Engage the sales team for technical updates, customer feedback and new or updated requirements
• Engage with customer technical teams as required
• Conceptualization, design, and optimization of high-volume lithium ion battery plant production processes, and assessment of next-generation production equipment designs capability.
• Analysis and effective communication of battery performance data as it relates to new battery materials and production processes
• Deployment of design of experiments (DOE) to optimize chemical formulations and to facilitate effective and predictable process changes
• Specification and balance of battery manufacturing vs. process capability requirements
• Planning and execution of engineering verification and process validation tests
• Effective and timely identification, containment, root cause, resolution, and closure of complex production manufacturing issues.
• Communication, coordination, and consultation with all levels of internal and external customers and stakeholders
• Strategic review of new and advanced technologies and competitive products and processes
• Travels as required to support the above functions and multiple, global locations.
Job Qualifications (Preferred):
• Minimum BS in Electrical, Chemical or Materials Engineering background (other science or engineering discipline acceptable with experience)
• 15+ years in of product development and/or process development for Lithium Ion Batteries
• Understanding of process development for lithium ion batteries including: manufacturing for mixing and coating of electrode films, winding, packaging, formation
• Demonstrated Global experience working directly with battery supply base
• Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
• Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e. g. electro-chemistry, mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods) within job-related area
• High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
• High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and a relaxed work environment. If interested, please indicate your salary expectation and availability within a cover page and submit along with your resume by e-mail to HR@lithiumwerks.com.
Lithium Werks is an Equal Opportunity Employer