Lithium Werks, Inc., formally Valence Technology, Inc. is the leading global battery manufacturer providing lithium-ion solutions that offer world-class performance tailored to applications in the industrial and energy markets. Our mission is to drive the world-wide adoption of safe, low-cost energy storage systems by drawing on the numerous benefits of our lithium phosphate technology, the experience of our management team and the significant market opportunity available to us. We are seeking an experienced Director of Global Quality to join our company.
The Director of Global Quality will provide leadership and professional expertise that aligns the global quality functions to meet local operational goals and customer requirements. This position will instill a pro-active quality focused culture in the entire organization via utilization of Best in Class (BIC) methodologies.
- Establish and foster a customer focused, performance based corporate quality governance function that develops Lithium Werks reputation for delivering Lithium Ion Batteries unrivalled in safety and quality
- Define and implement a strategy and culture of:
- Safety First
- Quality Always
- Continuous Improvement Forever
- Author, publish, and shepherd the corporate quality tools, standards and procedures to BIC methodologies.
- Quickly define improvement requirements to drive quality across the company, strongly interacting and collaborating with the global sites
- Set up corporate wide quality competence and training programs
- Develop and disseminate relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be managed and tracked and ensure scorecards achieve perfect quality
- Push for a continuous improvement and learning culture and drive focused compliance with quality standards in operations
- The success of this position will be measured along the standard quality metrics like ppm, customer ratings/scorecards, etc., but also with KPIs related to problem resolution processes as well as respective indicators to systematically cover new product projects (successful PPAP).
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15+ years of broad-based Lithium Ion Battery quality experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Must have prior Tier 1 experience
- Must have proven leadership ability with a track record of building highly functioning teams that effectively partner with the other functional areas of the company
- The candidate should have multi-site and global quality management experience
- Candidates must be organizationally and culturally agile.
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Dedication to Safety
- Quality experience from the shop floor to the board room for Lithium Ion batteries and systems
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful and disciplined execution
The Director of Global Quality (DGQ) will be based in MI but will require up to 50% travel both domestic and international, reporting directly to the COO.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and a relaxed work environment. If interested, please indicate your salary expectation and availability within a cover page and submit along with your resume by e-mail to HR@lithiumwerks.com.
Lithium Werks is an Equal Opportunity Employer