Lithium Werks, Inc. (www.lithiumwerks.com) is a leading global battery manufacturer providing lithium-ion solutions that offer world-class performance tailored to applications in the energy and industrial markets. Our mission is to drive the world-wide adoption of safe, low-cost energy storage systems by drawing on the numerous benefits of lithium-ion battery chemistries, the experience of our management team, and the significant market opportunity available to us.
We are seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer to join our company.
• Proficiency in designing and developing embedded firmware using C/C++.
• Experience with software life cycle architecture starting with requirements through design, implementation, and testing.
• Experience in writing specifications, procedures, and test plans.
• Good knowledge of embedded systems with a combination of electronics and software.
• Proficiency in reading schematics.
• Experience with using an oscilloscope and protocol/logic analyzers.
• Experience with CAN, CANOpen, J1939 and serial peripherals is highly desirable.
• Experience in developing Battery Management System firmware is an advantage.
• Experience in developing firmware for safety critical applications is a big plus.
• Experience with TI MSP430 or ARM Cortex microcontrollers is desired.
• Experience with Embedded TCP/IP and USB control is a plus.
• Some DSP experience is desired.
• Education with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required. A Master’s Degree is an advantage.
• Develop and maintain product firmware for Lithium Werks products. Product may be co-developed with members of the company’s teams in and outside of North America.
• Work closely with experienced electrical and mechanical engineers to develop advanced and next-generation batteries.
• Develop and document comprehensive product software architectural designs and specifications.
• Develop, document and maintain source and object code libraries with APIs.
• Develop and document test plans for product software and firmware. Run tests or work with other engineering staff to run tests.
• Responsibilities and salary commensurate with experience and expertise.
• Some international travel (<20%) may be required.
• The position will report to the Vice President of Engineering.
• Location: Austin Texas.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, and a relaxed work environment. If interested, please indicate your salary expectation and availability within a cover page and submit along with your resume by e-mail to email@example.com. Lithium Werks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.