The world leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of border patrol surveillance vehicles needed a battery system that was built rugged enough to handle the abusive conditions and vibration of their application.
The Light Tactical Vehicle (LTV) is a lightweight all terrain reconnaissance and surveillance system that gives operators the ability to go almost anywhere and conduct fully self-contained surveillance missions using advanced radar, electro-optical and thermal imaging systems.
The company’s battery requirements included:
- High vibration tolerance
- Long run times
- Light weight to improve fuel efficiency
- High cycle life for low total cost of ownership
Lithium Werks’ (formerly Valence Technology) U-Charge batteries provide the power of lithium ion and safety performance of phosphate in a rugged, harsh environment.
The U-Charge U27-12XP battery was a perfect fit providing:
- High cycle life (> 4000 cycles to 80% DOD)
- Low total cost of ownership
- Safety performance of lithium iron phosphate chemistry
- No ventilation required
- Robust mechanical design
- Flame retardant plastics
- LED battery status indicator
- Carrying straps for easy handling
Voltage : 24 V
Capacity : 138 kWh
Batteries: U27-12XP in a 2s1p config
Location: US Southern Border
Function : Back Up Power for Surveillance Vehicle
Operating Since : 2011