- U27-12XP U-Charge® Lithium Iron Phosphate intelligent battery modules assembled into a system
- BMS-HV Battery Management System for battery to battery balance control and monitoring as well as interface with all vehicle systems.
Features & Benefits:
- High cycle life
- Low total cost of ownership
- No ventilation required
- Reliable electronics and firmware
- Inherently safe lithium ion chemistry
- Rugged mechanical design
- Flame retardant plastics
- LED battery status indicator
- Carrying straps
- U-Charge Modules connect and report to a single Battery Management System (BMS) module
- Scalable in series from 12V to 1000V
- Scalable in parallel for extended run time
- Inter-modular balancing by BMS
- Safe to charge with most standard chargers
- Communication of monitored data via
- CAN through BMS
- Nominal Voltage: 12.8 V
- Nominal Capacity: 138 Ah
- Weight: 19.6 kg / 43.1 lbs.
A leading US manufacturer of electric vehicles contacted Valence for battery solutions to power their battery electric vehicles (BEV) for multiple applications with a diverse range of transportation options.
Battery Electric walk-in delivery trucks
The manufacturer’s class 5 and class 6 all-electric walk- in vans and medium-duty commercial trucks required a battery solution that would deliver up to 90-mile range between recharging, top speeds of 65 miles per hour, and excellent hill performance.
We delivered a 360 V, 99-kWh modular system based on the U27-12XP U-Charge battery modules and the BMS- HV Battery Management technology.
Range Extended Electric Vehicles (REEV)
In order to unveil the utility industry’s first electric hybrid drivetrain Class 5 trucks, the same manufacturer looked to Valence (now a Lithium Werks brand) to provide the power and energy to achieve an all-electric range of 45 miles and fuel savings of up to 30 percent when the units are operating in hybrid mode.
Additionally, the end user, one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the US, required that the trucks (bucket trucks, flat beds, and other service trucks) offer up to 75 kW of exportable power that could be used to provide power to the grid during planned or unplanned outages.
Once again, we were able to deliver delivered with a 350V, 54-kWh modular system based on a specially designed U-Charge battery module using our high power cell.