Features & Benefits:
- High cycle life
- Low total cost of ownership
- No ventilation required
- Reliable electronics and firmware
- Inherently safe lithium ion chemistry
- Rugged mechanical design
- Flame retardant plastics and electronics
- LED battery status indicator
Battery Pack :
- Scalable in series from 12V to 1000V
- Scalable in parallel for additional run time
- U-Charge Modules report to Battery Management System (BMS)
- Automatic system balancing and monitoring
- Compatible with standard chargers
- Communication of monitored data via CAN through BMS
- Nominal Voltage: 38.4 V
- Nominal Capacity (C/5, 23°C): 46 Ah, 1.77 kWh
- Weight (approx.): 19.6 kg/43 lbs.
- Dimension incl. Terminals (LxWxH): 306 mm x 172 mm x 225 mm
Within the UK Railway Network, there are branch lines that are not connected to each other by catenary lines. To effectively bridge the non-electrified section of otherwise electrified routes, a leading manufacturer in the railway market has developed an Independently Powered Electrical Multiple Unit (IPEMU).
This train uses a small, lightweight, yet robust set of U-Charge batteries to power the train between branches, thus saving from the huge expense of adding overhead electrical lines.