Large Lithium Ion Batteries for Material Handling Equipment and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs)
The U-Charge® Battery System
The U-Charge® Battery System optimized for safe, fast-charging in systems from 24V-80V and above U-Charge Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) modules have considerably greater energy density, making them the best choice for heavy equipment batteries, fork lifts, AGVs, mobile robots, cobots, ground support equipment, and warehouse equipment. Lithium Werks’ lithium iron phosphate presents an inherent safety performance, better toxicity profile, and is more energy efficient with significantly longer cycle life than lead acid.
Twice the energy provides twice the runtime
- Flat voltage curve means no change in vehicle performance throughout discharge
- Lithium phosphate batteries have 10 times the cycle life vs. lead acid batteries
- Fast charging during shift breaks
- No gassing; sealed, maintenance free design
- Easy drop-in replacement for BCI Group sizes
- Provides accurate State of Charge from integrated battery management system
- Premier customer support
Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries in BCI Group Sizes Built on Lithium Werks’ decade-long experience of producing battery packs for transportation applications, the U-Charge battery line now offers drop-in replacement for Group U1, Group 24, and Group 27 sizes. It’s now easier than ever to upgrade to lithium ion to supply reliable power and energy across a range of motive needs, from port tractors to electric buses.
For added versatility, Lithium Werks offers a variety of voltages in convenient sizes:
- Lithium Werks U-Charge® achieves 10,000 cycles at 70% DOD to 70% rated capacity
- Can be configured anywhere from 12V-1000V for heavy equipment batteries
- Communication of monitored data via Battery Management System (BMS)
- Automatic cell and module balancing
- Compatible with most lead acid chargers
- Maintenance free
- Manufactured in standard BCI sizes
- Modules in 12V, 18V, 24V, and 36V variants.
- Can be placed in series and parallel to achieve desired pack voltage (48V, 72V and 80V) and capacity; perfectly suited to heavy equipment and AGV batteries
As a result of our stable, high-quality chemistry, the Lithium Werks product line has superior cycle life compared to both lead acid and lithium mixed oxide batteries.
24 Volt Battery with Rugged Design
Lithium Werks recently announced its safe Lithium Iron Phosphate chemistry platform now available in 24 volts. The new 24XP series has been ruggedized to support the harsh environment forklifts and AGVs experience using an internal cell frame to provide protection from severe vibration and mechanical shocks. Lithium Werks has also incorporated dual hole lug terminals and a self-locking thread design to prevent hardware from loosening. Learn more about the 24XP series here. The U-BMS-MH with 24-48V input is recommended for all material handling battery systems.