Job Summary / Objectives:
Lithium Werks is looking for a Senior Applications and Systems Engineer to support its lithium-ion battery pack and cloud solutions for energy storage and motive applications. This position will drive early technical engagements with customers, including capturing requirements, performing technical feasibility and risk assessment, proposing system solutions, and supporting the sales team with commercial activities. The post-sales responsibilities include systems integration, solution introduction and training, and providing technical support.
We expect this position to work closely with the Sales and Product Engineering teams acting as a trusted advisor and voice of our customers to gather requirements and identify opportunities with existing and new customers. This position will play an important role in the planning and development of the company’s battery product and cloud service offerings. The selected engineer will be supported and mentored by a team of seasoned battery professionals with deep experience in lithium-ion cells, battery packs, and customer systems.
Lithium Werks is based in the Austin, Texas area with an office in Detroit opening soon. Candidates who are physically located in these two metropolitan areas will be given preference. A full remote arrangement with occasional travel to Austin or Detroit will also be considered.
We offer a competitive benefits package and an opportunity to grow with a well-backed multinational leader in the lithium-ion battery industry.
- Lead the technical engagement with customers, capture their requirements, and propose custom or semi-custom battery packs that meet their needs.
- Assist the Sales team with proposal development activities and respond to customer RFP/RFQ’s.
- Partner with the Project Management team on the development of timelines in accordance with the customer needs and the company’s New Product Development (NPD) processes.
- Lead and facilitate customer-facing technical activities including training, design reviews, and documentation.
- Define procedures and test plans for the validation of battery systems.
- Perform site visits and field inspection as needed. Be available to travel for up to 20% of your time.
- Help with the development of the next generation of class leading products and ongoing product improvements.
- As part of the worldwide engineering team, help with the development and quality standards of the next generation of products and on-going product improvements.
- Stay up to date on the competitive landscape, including competitive solutions, products, and services.
- Identify customer and vertical opportunities for the company’s cloud-based battery management, monitoring, and analytics services.
- BS degree in electrical, computer, or mechanical engineering is required.
- Minimum of 5 years technical applications or design experience in the battery industry – with customer contact preferred.
- Understanding of energy storage systems and vehicle electrification.
- Experience with communication interfaces and protocols such as CAN, J1939, Modbus RS-485, BLE, and LPWANs.
- Firsthand experience with lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, programmable loads, and protocol analysis tools.
- Knowledge of one or more programming or scripting languages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, with strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ability.
- A pro-active professional with a can-do attitude – setting aggressive, measurable goals and objectives for him/herself and prepared to be measured against them.
- An efficient team member with high regard for ethics, integrity, and customer satisfaction.
- High-Voltage battery systems and power electronics
- Battery Management Systems (BMS) for Li-Ion battery systems
- IoT edge and cloud technologies and systems
- Visio, AutoCAD, or similar drafting tools
- Familiarity with functional safety standards and concepts, such as UL1973 and
Please e-mail a copy of your CV and compensation requirements to Human Resources at sys.eng@LithiumWerks.com and list the job title in the subject line.
Lithium Werks is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.