Lithium Werks, Inc., formally Valence Technology, Inc., is the leading global battery manufacturer providing lithium-ion solutions that offer world-class performance tailored to applications in the industrial and energy markets. Our mission is to drive the world-wide adoption of safe, low-cost energy storage systems by drawing on the numerous benefits of our lithium phosphate technology, the experience of our management team and the significant market opportunity available to us. We are seeking an experienced Technical Specialist-Cylindrical Cells to join our company.
Responsible for developing cylindrical Lithium Ion battery cells, processes, and subcomponents that meet customer-specific functional, mechanical, safety and performance requirements.
• Corporate authority for Cylindrical Cell Design, Production, history and next generation advances
• Collaboration with global technical, operational and sales teams
• Create new cell concepts which enable new battery chemistries and new form factors, to include analysis of design, cost, manufacturing processes, design analysis (DFMEA) and potential suppliers.
• Interface with operations to share design concepts, assembly tooling, and request prototype production.
• Create the specifications of part, assembly, and finished product.
• Failure mode analysis – Create and manage DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis) based on the standard of APQP
• Gap analysis between proto/pilot/production
• Support optimal process flow process
• Analysis and effective communication of battery performance data as it relates to new battery materials and production processes
• Deployment of design of experiments (DOE) to optimize chemical formulations and to facilitate effective and predictable process changes
• Specification and balance of battery manufacturing vs. process capability requirements
• Strategic review of new and advanced technologies and competitive products and processes
• Travels as required to support the above functions and multiple, global locations.
Job Qualifications (Preferred):
• Minimum BS in Electrical, Chemical or Materials Engineering background (other science or engineering discipline acceptable with experience)
• 15+ years in of product development and/or process development for Lithium Ion Batteries with a concentration on DV/PVP&R, D/PFMEA, and Cylindrical Cell.
• Understanding of process development for lithium ion batteries including: manufacturing for mixing and coating of electrode films, winding, packaging, formation
• Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e. g. electro-chemistry, mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods) within job-related area
• High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and a relaxed work environment. If interested, please indicate your salary expectation and availability within a cover page and submit along with your resume by e-mail to HR@lithiumwerks.com.
Lithium Werks is an Equal Opportunity Employer