At Lithium Werks we have been working to reduce the impact we have on our environment, as well as improving our levels of health and safety at work.
Lithium Werks is aware that mass manufacturing of large format packs and modules increases risk to the environment. Our lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry utilizes environmentally acceptable materials, is recyclable and also has several environmental advantages over rival battery manufacturers. These include:
- There are no heavy metals used in our chemistry
- Phosphate salts are less soluble than the oxide equivalent
- Lower solubility means that there is less potential for leaching
- Phosphate anion allows the use of non-toxic metals (i.e. Iron)
- Both Cobalt and Nickel (used in competing chemistries) are toxic and have chronic exposure hazards
Not only is Lithium Werks lithium iron phosphate a safer chemistry, it is also a more environmentally friendly solution.
To facilitate proper treatment and recycling of the waste industrial batteries, Lithium Werks has engaged with several EU Battery Recycling Schemes.
For our customers with end of life Valence or Lithium Werks batteries, or Valence-branded Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), please refer to the list of recycling partners for contact details.