Lithium Werks Power Cells
Lithium Werks LFP vs. Lead-acid:
Choosing Lithium Werks’ patented Lithium Iron Phosphate chemistry over a lead-acid solution brings many advantages:
- Energy Density in Less Weight A Lithium Werks battery typically stores 3 times the energy density of a lead-acid solution, in less than half the total weight.
- Constant Power Low internal resistance means fast charging and no loss of power during the complete discharge cycle.
- Cost-saving While the initial purchase costs of Lithium batteries may be higher, due to the significantly longer lifespan and lack of maintenance required, the overall cost-per-cycle of a Lithium Werks solution is dramatically lower.
- Usable Energy Lithium-ion possesses more usable energy over any state of charge. Lithium batteries 100% of rated capacity is available, regardless of discharge rate.
- Longer Life Lead-acid batteries will only deliver a few hundred cycles before they need replacing. Lithium solutions provide many times.
Lithium Werks LFP vs. Nickel Manganese Cobalt (NMC):
If considering different Lithium chemistries, why choose LFP over NMC?
- Cobalt NMC cell manufacturers are consistently trying to reduce the levels of cobalt in their batteries due to insufficient supply and rising costs. Lithium Werks LFP batteries are 100% cobalt-free.
- Cycle Life LFP batteries can typically deliver a longer cycle life over NMC counterparts.
- Thermal Runaway NMC cells can be prone to thermal runaway at lower temperatures, especially when fully charged, when compared with LFP, which is more stable throughout the temperature range.
- Abuse Tolerance Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries are robust and reliable. They have a higher abuse tolerance than an NMC solution.
- Higher Current and Peak Power Lower internal resistance means a higher current and peak power capability without compromising safety.