Lithium Werks Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery technology is not just the safest, it is the most efficient on multiple axes.
What if the safest battery technology was also the most efficient and had the smallest footprint and weight?
Lithium Werks batteries have ten times the cycle life compared to lead acid batteries, based upon energy equivalent (runtime), volume and weight.
What opportunities do these favorable power/weight and power/volume allow design engineers?
What advantages do Lithium Werks LiFePO4 batteries offer users and designers of industrial equipment?
In any application where a piece of equipment must haul around the battery power plant, the advantages are obvious: the equipment will last longer on a single charge and will do more work per charge with Lithium Werks LiFePO4 batteries.
Lithium Werks LFP vs. Lead-acid:
Choosing Lithium Werks’ patented Lithium Iron Phosphate chemistry over a lead-acid solution brings many advantages:
- Energy Density in Less Weight A Lithium Werks battery typically stores 3 times the energy density of a lead-acid solution, in less than half the total weight.
- Constant Power Low internal resistance means fast charging and no loss of power during the complete discharge cycle.
- Cost-saving While the initial purchase costs of Lithium batteries may be higher, due to the significantly longer lifespan and lack of maintenance required, the overall cost-per-cycle of a Lithium Werks solution is dramatically lower.
- Usable Energy Lithium-ion possesses more usable energy over any state of charge. Lithium batteries 100% of rated capacity is available, regardless of discharge rate.
- Longer Life Lead-acid batteries will only deliver a few hundred cycles before they need replacing. Lithium solutions provide many times.
Lithium Werks LFP vs. Nickel Manganese Cobalt (NMC):
If considering different Lithium chemistries, why choose LFP over NMC?
- Cobalt NMC cell manufacturers are consistently trying to reduce the levels of cobalt in their batteries due to insufficient supply and rising costs. Lithium Werks LFP batteries are 100% cobalt-free.
- Cycle Life LFP batteries can typically deliver a longer cycle life over NMC counterparts.
- Thermal Runaway NMC cells can be prone to thermal runaway at lower temperatures, especially when fully charged, when compared with LFP, which is more stable throughout the temperature range.
- Abuse Tolerance Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries are robust and reliable. They have a higher abuse tolerance than an NMC solution.
- Higher Current and Peak Power Lower internal resistance means a higher current and peak power capability without compromising safety.